CASA of Kings County is one of 950 CASA programs in the United States, each of which recruits, trains and supports volunteers.
- Child welfare systems are overwhelmed, partly due to a devastating opioid epidemic.
- More than 424,000 children are in foster care on any given day in the United States.
- The average child in foster care spends more than a year in care.
Advocates From The Community
- Volunteer advocates are screened, trained and supported by our staff.
- CASA volunteers form a one-on-one relationship with children and get a full picture of the case.
- Judges depend on CASA volunteers for critical information to help them make the most well-informed decisions.
Marian Wright Edelman, Founder of the Children’s Defense Fund
CASA volunteers play a unique role on behalf of some of our most vulnerable children. Their commitment, vigilance and persistence offer hope where there has been little.